Friday, March 22, 2013

He Lives


Hola!

Thanks are in order:



1.) Thank you to Page Edwards, Elder Christensen, Julie Franklin, Mom and Dad for your letters! Keep 'em coming! (I hope I'm not forgetting anyone...)

2.) Thanks to Mom and Julie for the packages! SO GREAT. Julie, you should know that we play with the pirate puppets on a daily basis.... The Elders can't get enough. Haha. It was incredibly ironic that they were pirates because we talk in "pirate Spanish" quite frequently. My companion and I also used them in a lesson! So you're getting your money's worth out of those. :)

3.) Mr. Shelton- I absolutely am on the RIGHT side. Haha. But thanks for your support anyway.



Ummmm... It's snowing outside. Those poor tulips.



Wow. That's about all I can say. Wow.



This week ROCKED. I can't really pin point any one thing that was so wonderful... just a grand combination.



Coming off of last week was tough... but I started out by watching The Character of Christ by Elder Bednar. Unfortunately the MTC owns the rights to this talk... otherwise I would encourage EVERYONE to watch/read it. It put so many things into perspective for me. And it helped me realize why I'm really here. If we want to represent Christ we need to develop the characteristics of Christ. And essentially KNOW the character of Christ. Elder Bednar encourages us to put off the natural man by "turning out" when our natural instinct is to "turn in". I made a conscious effort this week to "turn out" and serve others instead of thinking of myself. It has made all the difference...every day just gets better and better.  I've made so many breakthroughs with Spanish and with teaching, and I've been able to help a lot of people along the way. My mind has been cleared of worries and doubts and that has made it possible for me to discern the promptings of the spirit and be able to allow the spirit to work through me. Let me tell you, the spirit teaches a lot better than I do. :)



My district is my family away from my family. We decided to make a "Strength Box" where we place anonymous notes (not really all that anonymous because we recognize each other's handwriting... Haha). Every time we recognized a strength in one of our district members we wrote them a note. It helped us to realize what a wonderfully diverse bunch of missionaries we are. I've certainly learned more than I ever could have imagined from these amazing people I spend every day with. :) I'll admit I might shed a tear or 200 when we have to go our separate ways. Luckily I'm taking six of them with me to New York.



I can't believe I'm coming up on my last week here at the MTC. It's been a wild ride. And I'm sure grateful for every moment I've had here...even the really though moments. In fact, I'm especially grateful for the tough moments. The tough moments are the ones where my testimony was strengthened. I promise you that if you exercise faith in the Savior, He will carry you in your times of need. I know this because He has carried me. And I know He will continue to do so throughout my mission and throughout my life. As we are approaching the Easter holiday I hope we will all think about the example that Christ has set for us. And remember that He, the only perfect man who ever lived allowed himself to be crucified for our sake. He never stopped to think of himself, He never ceased to do the will of the Father.



My thought for this week is simply: I know that my Redeemer lives. He LIVES. He will return to the earth once again in all his glory. I hope that when He comes he will say "Well done, my good and faithful servant." I know that through His grace my weakness will be made up, after all I can do. I hope one day I can be like Him.

He is Risen. He is Risen. He hath opened heaven’s gate! We are free from sin's dark prison, risen to a holier state. And a brighter Easter Beam... On our longing eyes shall stream.



I love you all SO SO much! Thank you for your prayers and support!



Hermana Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment