Monday, May 20, 2013

I Knew You Were Different

Alright everybody. I will apologize in advance... I'm not really sure where to begin with this update. SO MUCH HAPPENED THIS WEEK.



As I informed you last week. I'm in a trio!

I LOVE IT! It's been super great. Turns out, I had absolutely nothing to worry about. Sister Mann is the BOMB. She's from Logan (Hyde Park), Utah. Another one from "La Fabrica" (The Factory... as the Hispanics call it. Haha.) We get a long SO WELL. Too well, actually. Haha.

She adds so much to the companionship. Seriously, it doesn't even matter that she doesn't know Spanish. Her ideas and her positive attitude have blessed us so much. We've started getting used to having 3 people in our tiny studio apartment... and things are going well. :)



We had a Mega-Zone Conference this week with Elder Koelliker of the 70. Such a great conference. He talked a lot about our need to teach our investigators how to pray and how essential it is that our investigators pray with us all on our knees. It was good to think about what prayer means to me, and what role it played in my conversion.

President Calderwood also upped our standards of excellence. He made a couple of changes, but the one that made my eyes widen a bit was "1 baptism per companionship each transfer". AHhhh!

Well, it may take some time to achieve this. But the bar has been raised. If we're looking at this from a high jumpers point of view...the Bar's at 6'. I've never even been able to jump 5'8"... So I've got a lot of jumping to do. As my strength increases I'll be able to reach the bar. If I have to knock the bar off a thousand times so be it. One of these days, I'll make it over the bar!

We're all on board and we're ready to work harder than ever before so hopefully I'll be able to tell you about a baptism this transfer. :)



Let's see... what else is new?



We found a new family to teach, and they're pretty great. They have two very sweet daughters and haven't lived here that long. We've only taught them once, so I'll keep you updated on how things progress with them.



I also changed a tire for someone on the side of the road this week. Yes, in a skirt. Haha.



We had stake conference this week and guess who was there!? JOSEPH! The Egyptian guy I found a few weeks ago! He came up to me and thanked me for being in the right place at the right time that day. He said, "I saw you, and I knew you were different. There was something special." He told me that I couldn't have presented the church to him at a better time. And he was ready to accept it. Even though I didn't get to teach Joseph, I'm so grateful I had a small part in his life. And I'm grateful that I had the privilege of seeing him change. I'm grateful Heavenly Father has a perfect plan.



The last thing I want to share with you is a message from Boyd K. Packer (from stake conference)... the message is this: It's NEVER too late to change. It doesn't matter where you've been... As long as you know where you're going. Heavenly Father provided EVERY man with a way back. And for this, I couldn't be more grateful. I'm grateful that the almighty God, the creator of a universe, provided a way for all of us. You, and even little ol' me. Remember that the worth of souls is great in the sight of God. Never assume it's too late for you, or someone else to change and come unto Christ. No matter how rough and dark the past may seem... The future is bright!



Keep the faith! I love you all! 

Hermana Franklin


PS. Here is a lovely "self portrait" of my companions and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment