Monday, May 6, 2013

Cast Not Away Your Confidence

Howdy!



Well this week went by like a rocket... But from what I remember it was pretty good. 


Things are really taking off here in Woodside. The ward is just getting stronger and stronger. I love all the members so much. I know I say that ALL the time. But honestly, I never realized that by leaving my family behind for a year and a half I would gain another one. :) (Don't worry family, I'm not replacing you. Just adding on.)



I would love to talk for a moment about my district. I LOVE MY DISTRICT.

I truly have the greatest District Leader in the mission field. Elder Van Mondfranz is the best of the best. He's such a good example to us.... He works hard ALL day, EVERY day. He knows how to get the job done. He would kill me if he knew I was publicly boasting about his awesomeness... but I don't really care. Haha.

Elder Nielson is ROCKIN' it like he always has. He's always got a smile on his face. I've actually never heard him make a negative remark of any kind.  He's improving so much in the language... and he works hard. He's just a gem.... Everyone's "little brother", if you will.

Elder Heaps and Elder Hogge (Zone Leaders) are the bomb. Elder Heaps is going home after this next transfer. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty sad. He's one of those people that just drives you absolutely NUTS in such an endearing way...(??) I hope you know what I mean. I dare say, Elder Heaps speaks the best Spanish of any Gringo I've EVER seen. Funny story about him:

He bought a brand new suite to wear home from his mission. It looks great on him and he bragged about it plenty, so we were all aware he was wearing a brand new suite...

One word. PIGEONS. Haha. Hahaha.... Haha.....Ha.

Well... You can all guess. He had bird crap in his hair, on the front AND back of his jacket, pants, AND his backpack. NICE. Pretty sure he made it through 2 years of serving in this pigeon infested land and never took a hit till that. Haha. Life is just too great sometimes.

Elder Hogge is such a good Elder. He's super enthusiastic and is always ready to help out wherever he can. If you would like an accurate Disney character comparison... he's Flick from Bugs Life. Haha. Seriously. It's spot on. I hope he serves here in Woodside with me for a long time.

There you go. Now you have a little bit of inside info about the missionaries I'm with day in and day out.



How is the actual MISSIONARY WORK going, you ask? FANTASTIC!  I love the nice weather. It's starting to be warm every single day and all the greenery is out! BEAUTIFUL. Lot's more people are out on the streets during the day and there's always someone to talk to. Things have started to take off with some of our "finding efforts"... which has been awesome! 

Guess what, y'all. I draw (Charac-a-cher... NO idea how to spell that...) caricature (correct spelling inserted by Mom) pictures of people in the park, to get them to talk to me for a few minutes. SO great. Haha.

We've been working with several less actives and WOW. It's truly been a miracle to see some of the changes they have made in their lives. We've had a lot of success in my companionship (as well as all the other companionships in my district) with reactivation. We're all really happy about that.



My spiritual thought for today... Read Hebrews 10... 32-39 are the best verses.

Remember.... We are not of those who "draw back"! We are of those who believe in the saving of souls!



In honor of Elder Heaps and the Timpview Cross Country team... Some days you're the pigeon, Flyin' high, with everything goin' your way. Some days you're Elder Heaps. Haha. On those days... remember who you are and "cast not away your confidence"! You're a child of the most high God. And he loves you very much.



And so do I.

Con todo el amor puedo dar,



Hermana Tara Franklin



P.S. Congrats to my beloved sister who is now a college GRAD!!! WOOOO WHOO! What a smart cookie. LOVE her.

Congrats to Tommy-Ray and Laura on their engagement... I knew it!

Congrats to Uncle Jeff! An IRON MAN!? What a boss!

Way to go Uncle Scott!  You will be a great Bishop!

And to the best mom ever…I always thought that you should be the Relief Society President.

No comments:

Post a Comment