Monday, May 27, 2013

Subway Singing and Such

Hey, I apologize there will not be a very lengthy weekly update this week...

I've got NO time today.

But I will mention a few things...

The family I talked about last week…Is FANTASTIC. So solid. We've been meeting with them and their 15 year old daughter is attending Young Women's activities with the ward! Next step... getting the WHOLE family to church... Please pray for us.

I can't remember if I've ever talked about Bishop Yanez (Yawn-yez) (Mom! He's from Chile! Along with half of the ward... Haha.). Due to experiences with irresponsible missionaries in the past, the bishop hasn't been too fond of the missionaries. I've always personally been a little terrified of him. BUT guess what... We got invited to WARD COUNCIL this week for the first time in a long time... ALL 7 of us. Pretty cool right? The bishop was on FIRE. He spoke very passionately about how we missionaries desperately need the help of the ward to do as much teaching as we should be doing. It was awesome. I think he's been really pleased with the work my district has been doing. At least, I hope that's what that means.

Another interesting thing that happened... Sis. Van Langen got pretty darn sick. So we went on Splits with the Sisters serving in the Young Single Adult Queens ward. That way Sister Mann and I wouldn't both have to be cooped up all day.... SO AWESOME. I love the YSA ward. I have a feeling I might end up serving in that ward at some point... Who knows?

We started doing a thing where we go sing hymns in the train station. That's pretty darn cool. Watch for me on Youtube folks. All the Asian tourists video us. Haha. But really it's amazing how music brings people in and lifts everyone's spirits.

Speaking of singing...I got asked to sing at the Mission-wide Sisters Conference next week. WOOO-whoo. Haha

Uhh... I'm running out of time!! But I love you all! Keep the faith, and remember to be an example of the believers!



Hermana Franklin

 




The Three Musketeers






 We Love NYC







 




 Outside the apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment