Monday, June 3, 2013

Thanksgiving in June


Well, the one word that comes to mind when I think about this week is "gratitude".



I'm grateful that I live in a country where I can worship my God the way I choose.

I'm grateful for my heritage-- I look forward to the day I can shake the hands of James Lindsay, Clifford Reseigh, Henry J. Franklin and many others like them. One day I can thank them for the lives they lived. And thank them for leaving this world better than they found it.

I'm grateful for my Grandma Jean and Aunt Jane-- for the many, many sacks of potatoes they picked that day. That one act of faith and determination changed the course of eternity for my family.

I'm grateful that it rains sometimes. I wouldn't appreciate the sunshine half as much if it didn't.

I'm grateful for Temples and for the decision that my dear parents made to be sealed for time and all eternity nearly 25 years ago.

I'm grateful that sometimes an empañada makes EVERYTHING better. Haha.

I'm grateful that plans fall through and lead you to a better plan the Lord put in place for you. (Story of the week...)

I'm thankful for the Woodside Spanish Ward. I will never be able to repay them for the way they've made my testimony grow.

Estoy agradecido para el idioma Español.

I'm thankful for the power of prayer--Heavenly Father is there. He listens, and he cares.

I'm grateful for Sister Mann-- she makes me laugh every single day! She'll never know what a miracle she was in my mission.

I'm grateful for Sister Van-- I'm pretty sure she wants to kill me sometimes, but she doesn't. Haha. We'll always be sisters.

I'm thankful for the investigators that we have and for their progress-- no matter how small it may be sometimes. I'm grateful for the faith they have and for their open hearts.

I'm thankful for little miracles that happen daily.

I'm thankful for all the love and support I get from home-- from my parents, my friends... all of you!

What are you grateful for?



LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!



La Rubiacita (The Little Blonde One. That's what all the Hispanics call me. Haha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment