Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Changin' It Up in Woodside

Well I don't have a ton of time today so this will be quick.


How about that broadcast yesterday?? SO rockin' awesome. I feel SO blessed to be part of this great work right now. What a privilege! It makes me want to work harder to deserve such an honor.

Mom, I couldn't agree with you more. The best way to do missionary work is to love people. As long as you sincerely love people, and strive to live with charity in your heart, you will find that being a missionary just comes naturally. (I'm still working on this...).

President Packer claims he still has "much to learn"... In that case...I KNOW NOTHING.  My eyes have really been opened in the last 4 months to how much I DON'T know. And every moment out here is an opportunity to learn. Again, I feel so blessed to be a full-time missionary right now.

I've gained such a strong testimony of ward families and how absolutely VITAL ward support is in missionary work.

I'd like to take a second and just say that my ward mission leader is truly THE best. He was called just a couple weeks ago. He grew up here in Queens and converted to the church at age 16 (in the Woodside Ward!). He served a mission in the Idaho, Pocatello Spanish Speaking mission. And man, he just knows what's up. He's helped me progress as a missionary so much even in just the last two weeks. He makes everything seem doable, rather than overwhelming. He grew up in this ward, so naturally he knows how best to strengthen it and help the members involve themselves. I see a LOT of great things happening in this ward with him on board. WOOO!


Well...Now for the sad news, Sister van Langen is leaving us. :( I kind of saw it coming...she's been in this ward for 9 months. I'm so scared to do this without her here! Ahh... Heads up.  I'll need a lot of prayers this transfer. I know this transfer is going to be very different from the last two. It'll be really hard. REALLY hard...not living in the shadow of my far-more-qualified- trainer. But I know I need this. I feel like I'm ready to figure things out for myself. Ready-or-not-here-I-come!
I know that "it'll come when I start". Just like Boyd K. Packer said yesterday. If I just get STARTED the spirit will help me know what to do, even though I myself haven't a clue what I'm doing! So I'm just going to take a leap of faith this transfer and put it all on the table. So what that I'm unqualified! "When you're on the Lord's errand you're entitled to His help." With a LOT of hard work and complete trust in God, I'll make it.

Elder Nielson is out too. :( I've been with him EVERY SINGLE DAY for 4 months straight. He really is my mission twin. Haha. I'll miss seein' him around, but he's going change things for the better wherever he ends up.

And of course, Elder Heaps is out...Home to UT for him. Man, he's an incredible missionary. I hope I'll be half the missionary he is.


Onward and upward everybody! Look for ways to serve in your ward! Have you all done your visiting teaching? Home teaching? Visited someone? Go do it, if not... And encourage your other ward members to do the same.

Keep rockin' it wherever you are! Stay strong and keep the faith!


LOVE, 
Hermana Tara Franklin


Here's some pictures.


Alexis is the Boy who refused to look at the camera. Haha. A 9 yearold recent convert we teach. :) Silly guy. He's so great.




A few last pictures of our district.






My trio and our ward Mission Leader & Wife, Brother and Sister San Martin!


No comments:

Post a Comment