Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Come What May and LOVE It!


Well...

I got hit in the face with a curve ball.

I'm a trainer. A TRAINER. After TWO transfers…

I'm still in a trio. I'm training Sister Mann with Sister Laney...from my MTC district.

So if you do the math here, this companionship consists of 3 girls who have each been out in the field 3 months to the day, or LESS.

Sister Mann doesn't speak Spanish, and Sister Laney has been serving in an English Ward for the past 2 transfers. As you can imagine... I've been doing A LOT of Spanish speaking and a lot of getting us everywhere we need to go.

And well, to be honest, it's been the hardest most exhausting week I've had yet.



Despite how difficult it's been I've grown SO fast – Not that I really had a choice.

Before transfers I prayed and asked heavenly father to put me in whatever situation would help me become my best self.  I guess this is it.



There's a talk I've been focusing on this week called "The Fourth Missionary" I encourage everyone to get a hold of it and READ it. It's incredible. It helped me think about what I have ahead of me in a very different way. I've been able to flip a 180 and have a much brighter vision for what will come of all this.

This is a quote that has helped me brush myself off and just get up and keep going:

"The Fourth Missionary is the only one who can lose himself in the work, because he forgets his own concerns, he lets go of what he wants. When he lets go he then is free to think of others. He is the only one who does not count the cost."



This transfer my goal is to forget myself. Quite frankly I have way too much work to do to be worryin' about myself. This is all for the Lord. I am on the Lord's errand. And I am entitled to His help. I know this is the truth. There will be days that are easier than others. I know that, but I know the Lord is trying to tell me that He trusts me. He's giving me the opportunity to be so much greater than I've allowed myself to believe I can be.

I can and WILL be The Fourth Missionary.



Read the talk! It's inspiring... I believe it applies to more than just full-time missionaries.

(Here is a link that I found for the talk – at least I think it is the one. – from her mom) http://www.scribd.com/doc/34660140/The-Fourth-Missionary



Love you all, keep praying for me! I'll need it this transfer!



Hermana Tara Franklin



P.S. Just some random information from this last week:

I did the musical number with Elder Hogge at transfer meeting... Everyone cried. Haha. Pretty sure we should cut an album when we're both home.



My whole Timpview Posse went home and ditched me... Enjoy the picture!



Had THE BEST food I've had in my life. Brazilian, of course.  Tucanos looks like 5 Buck Pizza compared to this place. Haha.



And I gave my first talk in church...went pretty well!


No comments:

Post a Comment