Tuesday, July 16, 2013

An Eternity


The last few weeks have felt like an eternity. It's unexplainably weird how fast and yet how slow time passes out here. I discovered a couple days ago that I'll be hitting my 5 month mark this week. Weird? YEAH. Definitely.



So A LOT has happened this week. We were able to meet with LOTS of less active families and it was SO fun. We even saw a couple of them at church yesterday. (People coming to church after a long absence always lifts my spirits.)

I had an interview with President Calderwood, and MAN, he is sure awesome. He shared D&C 93...and how I can see that Jesus Christ, the only perfect person also progressed and grew "grace for grace". So that's what I'm doin' too. Growin' "grace for grace". :)

I've been trying really, really hard to help people with small things, and be watching constantly...looking for any small acts of service we can do. We met a wonderful girl from Argentina when we helped her carry all her laundry to the Laundromat yesterday. And I CAN'T wait to meet with her. She asked me if I was from Argentina because my Spanish sounded authentic. HA! What a great compliment that was! Funniest part about it was that I had just left a Dinner Appointment with a member who told me my Spanish had improved so much since I came, but that it was still awful. Haha.

I've also taken Sis. Van Langen's place as "la mas gorda". ("The Fattest One". I know. It's awful. But it's not really an insult in Hispanic culture. I just try not to think about it too much and keep smiling. Haha.)



Sorry to switch topics quickly but there's a lot I want to say and I have almost no time today...



I have a request. I'm studying Repentance. Repentance is something that's always been hard for me to wrap my brain around. And well... I'd love some help understanding it better. Obviously it's immensely important, it's the 2nd principle of the gospel. I know it's a personal thing, but I love hearing other people's perspective on gospel topics.

PLEASE, EVERYONE who is reading this... take just a few minutes and write down thoughts about what Repentance is, why it is so important, and what difference Repentance makes in your life, or how it relates to another gospel topic, like Charity (for example.) THEN PLEASE send me a quick letter or email. I really do need everyone's help on this. Don't feel like you have to share anything too personal or take too much of your time. Whatever you want to send me! 



Thanks for everything! Sorry this update was pretty short! The Work is rolling along. Feel free to jump in. I expect lots of emails and letters!



Love,
Hermana Tara Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment