Monday, September 23, 2013

The Zoo and sisterhood

So this week was a little bit slower... but a lot of good stuff happened...Sorry I didn't really think about what I was going to say before hand. I'm usually better about that. But off the top of my head:

First off, we went to the zoo!! As I may or may not have mentioned before, we do service each week in a nearby park called Prospect Park. The park was designed by the same people who built Central Park, so it has a similar feel to it. Beautiful place...Anyway...inside Prospect Park there is a zoo, and to thank us for the many years of service the missionaries here in Brooklyn have rendered to the Park they let us in for FREE! Wooo! Super fun. So I'll include a couple pictures from that. (Tara didn't send any pictures of the Zoo.:()

So I've been thinking about something a lot. And that thing is...Sisters. A sister is a really unique person. I think everyone can agree that a relationship with a sister is pretty special. As we were riding the train on the way to an appointment the other night we were sitting across from a mom and two daughters. The sisters were very close in age and they had matching clothes on. One had her head resting on the mom's shoulder and the other rested her head on the shoulder of her sister. All were sleeping peacefully. (Well, as peacefully as you can sleep on the Q train. Haha.)

It got me thinking about how much a missed my Sister. How appropriate that her Birthday is tomorrow (Tuesday, Sept. 24th)! So... Jaycee my dear...I would like to dedicate this email to you.

From the beginning of my time here on earth it's always been you and me. "Where did the time go??" People always ask...But I think we know where the time went. The time went to countless hours playing dress up. The time went to watching Beauty and the Beast and Lion King over and over again. Time went to many hours braiding hair and talking about boys. And well, as much as we hate to admit it...it went to many hours of fighting about pretty dumb stuff. Haha.
So where did the time go? It went to US. Time together is what made us the people we are today and it created the relationship we have now. Sometimes though, I like to think about the earlier stages of our relationship. You know, before time actually existed here on Earth. How was it back then? I like to think we were best friends in the premortal life. Or maybe we weren't. Maybe Heavenly Father just knew you were the only person who could put up with me for eternity. Haha. Regardless I think Heavenly Father put us together for a very special reason. I may never figure out for certain the REAL reasons. BUT I have my suspicions. I know one thing for sure...You saved my life in a sense. Because of your expereiences you helped me see what paths I needed to take. I can truthfully say that I would not be where I am right now without your help. So, thank you for all the time you've spent with me. And I thank our Heavenly Father for allowing me to continue the relationship we began before this life.

Here's to families! Here's to sisters! Here's to another day in the life! AND here's to Birthdays! Happy 22nd Birthday Jaycee! 

Keep on keepin' on everyone! Pray for a missionary experience this week, and I promise you it will be given...and when it is, take it!

Love you all!

Sister Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment